Friday, July 12, 2013

Fr. Joseph Bracken, S.J. On St. Thomas Aquinas

Jesuit Philosopher and Theologian Joseph Bracken is our guest this week on the podcast.  He recently retired from Xavier University & was honored with an amazing tribute – Seeking Common Ground – which includes articles from John Cobb, Catherine Keller, and more.  In this episode we take a tour through Bracken’s influential career working toward common ground between religion & science, Aquinas & Whitehead, and Religious Pluralism.  I can’t tell you how much I enjoy reading and talking with Father Joe.  Off the mic he is one of the most amazing nerds I have met & in conversation he has a quick & sensitive intellect. On top of all the nerdiness you even get to hear a little inside Jesuit scoop about the new Pope Francis I. Check out Bracken’s previous visits to the podcast where we talk Trinity & Process and then my favorite – Christology!
Link (here) to Home Brewed Christianity to listen

No comments: